"BREA ABRIDGED: PASTA, BODY HORROR, HIDEOUS YELLOW COLORS AND BOUNTEOUS FARTS. ALSO: AUSTRALIAN, TAKES RIDICULOUS SELFIES + GARRUS AND HIDDLES (GIANT MANGO)" - quote courtesy of Ash, one of many dissatisfied customers
how the hell did we get the idea pink isn’t a cool colour
because scientifically speaking pink doesn’t even exist; it fits between violet and red on the spectrum but actually what goes there is infrared and ultraviolet and all those things we can’t see
pink is the ambassador of an otherworldly and unknowable realm it is the most badass colour out there
my roommate is 2 days younger than me so i’ve gotten into the habit of saying “when i was your age..” and then describing what i did 2 days ago
ooh! thank you <3
i’m pretty much in the same boat as you are! it’s really hard to pin down the tarot card’s style and believe me when i say that i restarted the colouring like three times. eventually i just gave up trying to mimic the style and took some liberties.
in the end i aimed for my card to just resemble the rest of the cards, as the official cards are done in different styles anyway. out of the official deck dorian’s, cassandra’s and solas’ cards are definitely my favorites, so i based mine off of those. here is some stuff i observed which can be useful if you’re making your own card!
- the cards use a pretty limited, earth-tone palette, so try to keep your colours fairly desaturated. using a brighter colour for some contrast is fine though! i did the same with the green light.
- the faces are the only thing in the card that are fully rendered. as in, they’re shaded while the rest of the image is fairly flat coloured (with a slight gradient at most).
- like i mentioned before, the faces are pretty detailed. the rest of the shapes in the cards are pretty flat and use almost geometric shapes. dorian’s robes are incredibly simplified with planes of different colours and shades bordering each other.
- you can still add lots of details if you want, but try to add them using shapes or lines rather than rendering them. like cassie’s armor!
- there are lots of symbols and patterns to be found on the cards. so play around with them but try to do some research into the meaning of your tarot card and the symbols that are associated with it. don’t feel obliged to put in all the symbols, i left out a few in my card but kept the most important ones: the stars. i even took some liberties and made the biggest star a sun / the sign of the maker.
anyways, good luck on your card! i hope this is of some help!
and don’t feel discouraged if you can’t get it to look exactly the way you wanted. part of the charm of all the cards in the deck is that they all differ from each other. there’s no consistent style throughout them! (:
The Coalition wishes to continue with the bill that would force people to wait 6 months before getting unemployment benefits despite the fact that a report found that such a bill would violation Australia’s human rights obligations.
Ewen Jones, backbencher and suspected lizard, said that it was kinder this way because otherwise poor people would just be lazy.
"If we don’t violate human rights and actually help people in unfortunate situations instead then they’ll just sit around eating junk food. Why else would they be poor if it weren’t for a desire to do nothing? Poor people are so privileged. We need to stop making being poor such an easy and comfortable life choice."
Instead of commenting, Tony Abbott has referred this claim of human rights abuses to the department of “you keep bringing this up and I don’t understand why you think we care” or Dep of YKBTUAIDUWYTWC for short, which deals specifically with human rights violation issues aimed at the Liberal Party and is one of the few instances where Tony has created new jobs.